Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are proven initiatives that increase engagement, retention, and development of diverse talent. Staff Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement offers six ERGs to build community and ensure that employees experience a greater sense of belonging. These voluntary employee associations, organized around common dimensions of diversity, have been designed to offer forums where employees can enhance their employment experience.
HOLA seeks to facilitate visible commitment to the inclusion and valuing of Hispanic/Latino staff, faculty, and their allies through programs and activities that promote cultural and professional development, holistic wellness, networking, mentorship, and leadership.
With more than 125 members, HOLA provides a network that supports the recruitment, retention, and professional development of Hispanic/Latino employees, and works with senior management to provide constructive feedback regarding matters of interest to Hispanic/Latino employees.
HOLA strives to:
- Provide a forum for discussions and the exchange of ideas about matters of interest to Hispanic/Latino staff, faculty, and their allies at Georgia Tech.
- Provide a unified voice to the administration and the broader Georgia Tech community on matters of interest to Hispanic/Latino employees.
- Promote an environment that supports the recruitment, retention, and professional growth and development of Hispanic/Latino employees.
- Provide a supportive environment to celebrate the contributions of Hispanic/Latino employees.
- Enhance the career and personal development of ERG members and serve as a resource regarding services and communication relevant to Hispanic/Latino employees.
Current Leadership Team:
- Executive Champion: Marta Garcia, Associate Vice President for Development, International Development
- Principal Empowerment Officer: Jorge Breton, Director, Office of Hispanic Initiatives, Institute Diversity
- Principal Staff/Faculty Liaison: Juan C. Archila, Assistant Director of Facilities, College of Sciences
- Recruitment and Retention Co-Chair: Maria Pinto, Assistant to the Senior Director/ Project Support Specialist, Procurement & Business Services
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Kenji Terawaki, Employer Relations Coordinator I, Career Discovery and Development
- Communications and Marketing Co-Chair: Angel Villalba, Facilities Manager II for Carnegie, A. French, and Lyman
Inaugural Leadership Team:
- Executive Champion: Rafael Bras, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Principal Empowerment Officer: Rosario Gerhardt, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, College of Engineering
- Principal Staff/Faculty Liaison: Jorge Breton, Director, Office of Hispanic Initiatives, Institute Diversity
- Principal Staff/Faculty Liaison: Hernando Jimenez, Research Engineer II, Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
- Recruitment and Retention Co-Chair: Patricio Vela, Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Employee Engagement Co-Chair: Cindy Zapata, Assistant Professor, Ernest Scheller Jr. School of Business
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Maria Hill, Business Advisor, Enterprise Innovation Institute
- Communications and Marketing Co-Chair: Marilu Suarez, Administrative Professional III, International Affairs